Whether this is your first time enquiring about help from a therapist or you are looking to maintain your mental health and wellness, Meghan can offer you support. Meghan’s ability to genuinely connect with youth (+10), adolescents, and their families comes from over 20 years of experience in the Mental Health Field. Her professional experience includes youth mental health programs within Canada and the U.S., community social services, and family health teams within Ontario.
If you are a(n)
- adolescent wanting to begin your own course of mental wellness, she can help teach new skills and provide guidance as you develop your own goals for therapy. If you are experiencing symptoms of Anxiety, Depression, have OCD, or an eatingdisorder she can help.
- parent struggling to support your child/teen/or young adult she can help develop a plan to improve communication, set boundaries and to process the immediate challenges. Work can be done individually or as a family.
- family in crisis, she can help navigate available treatment resources or design a treatment plan for the family.
- adult struggling with your mental health and want to begin or continue your path to wellness, she can provide individual therapy for: Depression, Anxiety, PTSD, OCD, Panic Disorder, Borderline PD, Bi-Polar, Relationship Difficulties, and Trauma Processing.
- person with PTSD/Trauma/Diminished confidence she is trained in Eye-Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) which is a technique used to efficiently process disturbing memories, flashbacks, or triggers. EMDR can also be used for performance enhancement for athletes, performers, and those with self-defeating beliefs. More information can be provided.
Meghan has professional training and experience in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), Trauma Counselling, EatingDisorders, Eye-Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT for PTSD), and Exposure Response Prevention (ERP).
Meghan is Registered as a Social Worker with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers. She has a Master of Social Work, and a Master of Arts in Recreation and Leisure from the University of Waterloo, (Renison College).